Minimum Age Required as on 31 March of the year of Admission.
Nursery : 3 Years Completed.
Class 1 : 5 Years Completed.
Add one year for each subsequent Class.
1. Parents / Guardians should avoid taking children on long holidays during working days. There is no procedure to grant permission for such absence or grant leave. The child will be treated as absent and the responsibility for such absence will be of the child/ parent/ guardian, (if prior information in writing is intimated, then the absence will be treated as informed absence, otherwise it will be treated as uninformed absences and liable for fine as per para 9 below)
2. Total number of working days are approximately 225 Students must obtain 80% / 75% attendance as applicable, failing which they may be debarred form taking the Examinations. Students remaining absent too long or too often before any examination may not be allowed to take that test. In general terms for every day of absence, starting six working days before the exam, the student may lose five minutes in any one exam per day of absence as decided by the School.3. Unless there is an emergency; absence from school is discouraged. Absence on account of birthdays, marriages, feasts and similar reasons will not be acceptable.
4. If a student is urgently needed at home an application duly signed by the parents / Guardians must be sent to the office.
5. The names of students absenting themselves for a period of two weeks without intimation will be automatically struck off. Such students may be re-admitted only by special permission of the Headmaster and by paying the admission and necessary tuition fees once again.
6. All absence to be treated as informed absence have to be applied through School Soft 13.1 Student profile as per procedure laid out on page" Regularity Record of Absence" . Informed absence can be so treated if the student informs before being absent from the school. However it may not be possible at all times in reality, therefore it is advised that students inform the school of their absence within 3 working days of the absence. Failing which the absence will be treated as uninformed absence and liable to fine. The tendency to apply for all absence at one time at the end of the month is detrimental to school discipline and not permitted. All absence not informed within 3 working days of the absence will be converted into uninformed absence and liable for fine.
7. Any child who remains absent from the school without prior information may be fined @Rs. 50 per day, calculated on continuous basis from the day of absence to the day of resuming school to include all closed days falling in between; irrespective of there being holidays or Saturday or Sunday, as per Para 9 below.
8. Students who leave prior to the school vacation or join school late after the vacation are liable to suspension / having their names struck off the school rolls. In case of sickness/ eventualities the matter must be notified through School Soft 13.1 with relevant documents on the same day or earlier. Before or after the vacation full day attendance is compulsory for all the staff members and students. Notification through SS 13.1 does not mean automatic approval of the school for regularisation of the said absence. Only after detailed scrutiny in the rarest case, it may be possible to regularise the absence. All guardians are advised to meet the HM at the earliest if such situation arises, or forward details through contact us with supporting documents.
In the past it has been a practice to apply the rule leniently and only impose a fine for the absence from school on last/first day before/after the vacation.lt has been decided that w.e.f Puja Vacation Sep 2017 the rule will be applied in letter and spirit. Only in exceptional cases a fine will be applied. The fine will be Rs 1000/- per day of absence. Cases where the student has been absent due to circumstances beyond the control. Such absence will be considered by the school and on acceptance of the same by the school, the rule may be applied leniently on such cases only. In case of issue of showcause notice on account of First / Last day absence, it is mandatory to take action / reply through contact us reply through letter for school to close the matter.
9. Uninformed Absent: HAVING APPLIED MEANS THAT THE STUDENT'S ABSENCE WILL BE TREATED AS INFORMED ABSENCE. THERE IS NO PROCEDURE FOR REGULARISING THE STUDENT'S ABSENCE OR TREATING THE ABSENCE AS LEAVE. INFORMED ABSENCE FOR FIRST/ LAST DAY AFTER/ BEFORE VACATION AND FRO SCHOOL EVENTS LIKE ANNUAL PROGRAMMES/ANNUAL SPORTS/ SATURDAY ACTIVITIES/ CLASS VISITS, HAS TO BE JUSTIFIED THROUGH DETAILED DOCUMENTATION. ABSENCE IS ONLY ACCEPTED IN THE RAREST OF RARE CASE. Students absenting themselves uniformed and joining without valid acceptance reasons may be fined as per rules by the Headmaster. If the reasons for uninformed absence do not merit acceptance the absence be noted in the diary by the Class Teacher and the student be asked to report to the Headmaster / Deputy Headmistress with the form given below duly filled. On return the Class Teacher may please pursue the same for necessary action.
10. Absence - Saturday Activities and Organised School Events - Attendance for Saturday Activities and Organised School Events like Annual Function/ Annual Sports/ School Picnics/ Class Visits etc., is compulsory. Any absence has to be justified with detailed documented evidence, failing which the student may not be permitted for future co-curricular activities, Educational Tours, and one weeks' attendance from school.
11. Under normal circumstances, school only accepts medical Certificate of Allopathy registered medical practitioner only, supported with prescription , test reports and medicine bills, as authentication of student's absence from School, on medical grounds as and when required under School regulations.
12. In case a student is suspended, he/she should apply for 'Informed Absence with remarks "Suspended" . Even the CT can apply in this case.
13. This has reference to uninformed fine slips issued by the school. All parents receiving the same are required to take three actions on it.
- Pay the fine through Misc Challan of requisite amount in the bank or on line.
- Apply for informed absence with remarks "Fine Paid".
- Send copy of paid Challan, along with the slip, to the Class Teacher.
14. Consequences for not applying for Informed Leave Absence
The school has specially designed a system for the students for intimating the school of their absence which is known as " Informed Leave Absence".
A student is expected to maintain the desired percentage of attendance ranging between 75% to 80% in each academic session (depending on the class) failing which he/she is liable to be dealt
with as per school rules given in the School Diary.
After having been absent if the system reflects "A" i.e. Absent even after 3 days of absence it shows that student has not applied for Informed absence.
Some of Consequences of "A" being reflected in the system are given below: -
1. The Student will be classified as disregarding the school rules/regulations repeatedly.
2. The School authorities have the right to treat it as a case of gross indiscipline.
3. Such irresponsible / indisciplined conduct coupled with a subsequent attempt at claiming the leave on medical grounds, as afterthought, shall not be entertained. Relevant rules as applicable may be applied on the student.
4. Such slipshod approach of a child would reflect his lack of interest in academics. This is a very serious issue and be noted accordingly by all.
15. In case of mistakenly having applied for Informed Absence on wrong dates you are required to inform school through contact us giving Application Number and dates "Informed Absence" applied for. The School will thereafter delete that entry and once you see it deleted then you required to apply once again for the correct date.
FINE -UNIFORMED ABSENCE
Regn. No........ Name...................................................................................... House...................................
Class........................Uninformed Absence from........... ................to............................. Total no. of Days...................................
FINED Rs. 50/- (Fifty Only) per day for.................. days. Total Rs.............................................................
If the fine not paid by..................................................... .........................To abstain from attending classes.
Please download the appropriate challan from the school website-www.thebgesschool.com
and pay at The Federal Bank by due date. Paid receipt copy to be given to the Class teacher.
Class Teacher Headmaster / Deputy Headmistress
STANDARD REPLY DEEMED TO BE SENT TO EVERY PARENT/GUARDIAN REQUESTING FOR LEAVE OF ABSENCE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE AND FOR ANY DURATION OR AT ANY PARTICULAR PERIOD OF TIME FOR STUDENTS OF THE BGES SCHOOL (ICSE). NO INDIVIDUAL REPLYTO SUCH REQUEST WILL BE GIVEN
With reference to your application/request for leave of absence of your ward, as uploaded through School Soft 13.1, please be advised that the school is not in a position to grant leave of absence to students as no such provision exist in the rules and regulations of the school.
The student will have to be absent under one or combinations of more than one provision of the school rules given in the student's diary and the school will be obliged to apply the same on the student's absence.
Same are enumerated as follows:
Quoted under Evaluation, Examinations & Promotions/Secondary Section Classes 5- 8. "It is an established fact that a certain percentage (80% in case of school) of attendance is required to ensure that the students know the subject. The attendance is calculated one day before the examination. This is inclusive of absence on account of illness and any other special circumstances."
Quoted under Evaluation, Examinations & Promotions/Secondary Section Class 9.
Extracts from the Regulation. Chapter I: Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination: The Council for The Indian School Certificate Examination : C. Minimum Attendance Requirement. (Applicable to Classes 9 & 10).
"Candidates whose attendance is below 75% of the working days are ordinarily not eligible to sit for the examination. However, the Chief Executive and Secretary has the authority to condone the shortage in the case of candidates whose minimum attendance is not less than 60% of the working days, during each year of the two year course. Heads of schools are not to refer condonation of attendance in case of candidates having below 60% attendance. The last date for computing attendance in school is February 15, of the year of Examination."
Quoted under Evaluation, Examinations & Promotions/Important Notes "Absent from Evaluation/ Examination. Absence of a student during examination for any reason whatsoever will be reflected as such (AB) in the progress report. Non submission of project (Internal assessment) on time will also be treated as absence and marked as AB. AB in any one part i.e. Internal / External assessment will result in Total being marked as Absent (AB). This confirms to the guidelines /regulations for ICSE Examination."
Quoted under Evaluation, Examinations & Promotions/Important Notes "Total number of working days are approximately 225. Students must obtain 80% / 75% attendance as applicable, failing which they may be debarred form taking the Evaluation/Examinations. Students remaining absent for too long or too often before any evaluation/examination may not be allowed to take that evaluation. In general terms for every day of absence, starting six working days before the exam, the student may lose five minutes in any one evaluation/examination per day of absence as decided by the School."
Quoted under Leave and Absence: Absence before and after the vacations paragraph "Student who leave prior to school vacation or join school late after the vacation are liable to suspension / having their names struck off the school rolls. In case of sickness/ eventualities the matter must be notified through School Soft 13.1, with relevant documents on the same day or earlier. Before or after the vacation full day attendance is compulsory for all the students."
Applying through School Soft is no authority to treat the absence as authorised, irrespective of reasons quoted.
Quoted under Indemnity Bond. "The guarantor agrees that the attendance is a very important aspect of the discipline of the school. The guarantor assures the management that the student's attendance will be observed diligently and action be taken in case the student fails to fulfil the required attendance criteria."
Quoted under Leave and Absence “Absence - Saturday Activities and Organised School Events - Attendance for Saturday Activities and Organised School Events like Annual Function/ Annual Sports/ School Picnics/ Class Visits etc., is compulsory. Any absence has to be justified with detailed documented evidence, failing which the student may not be permitted for future co-curricular activities and Educational Tours.” All Paragraphs Quoted under Leave and Absence.
In view of the above any absence of your ward will attract the relevant rule for which the responsibility will be entirely yours. Please be advised that by the submission of letter / application/ note in the school diary , it is not possible for the school to condone the breach of school regulations enumerated above. Even if the same is accepted and acknowledged by the school.
Absence tolerance limit of 20%/25%, includes all types of absence including absence due to medical reasons and long sickness. There is no special and separate allowance of absence on account of sickness or adverse medical condition.
THE ABOVE BY NO MEANS DOES AWAY WITH THE REQUIREMENT OF INFORMING THE SCHOOL FOR BEING TREATED AS INFORMED ABSENCE THROUGH SCHOOL SOFT 13.1
Brij Bhushan Singh
Welcome to The BGES School website. I appreciate your interest in The BGES, and I hope you will enjoy your time here learning about its members.
The school has four houses named after famous national leaders Tagore, Patel, Nehru and Gandhi.
Beyond Class rooms Download School Prospectus Virtual Tour