The school has four houses named after famous national leaders Tagore (represented by the colour Yellow), Patel (represented by the colour Red), Nehru (represented by the colour Green) and Gandhi (represented by the colour Blue).
The resultant effect thereof is evident from the healthy competitive spirit that is ushered in between the said houses / Students.
The House system has great advantages of breaking a large community into smaller, more personal units, and thereby building a sense of loyalty and healthy competition.
We seek to install values and have our students emulate them though our House System. Each student and staff member is placed in a "House" in The BGES School ( ICSE), remains in the House until they leave.
Each House has an even distribution of varied groups, cultures, boys and girls.
The goals of the House System are to:
- Promote healthy participation and competition in many activities,
- Provide opportunities for students from all cultures to interact and collaborate in a positive, constructive manner
- To inspire students to adopt ideals and philosophies of the people after whom the houses are named, and to lead and contribute to society in similar ways.
Benefits of the House System
- Student Focus; each student treated as an individual – not just one more student in a large year group.
- A caring, supportive environment; each student becomes a valued member of a small ‘family unit’ within a larger ‘family’ within the whole school.
- Respect, consideration and courtesy: Support for the vast majority of our students who already want to learn and behave
- Support for the vast majority of our students who already want to learn and behave
- Positive self esteem amongst students and value of the ethos of the school community.
- Equality of opportunity and encouragement to realize an individual's full potential. Building of an individual's strength within a group and bonds with other students of all ages. Peer support to combat bullying.
- Building of an individual’s strengths within a group and bond with other students of all ages.
- Peer support to combat bullying.